E-Way Bill Generation:
An E-Way generation facility has been provided in FA software, so that you can generate
a new e-way bill through the options in the software itself, i.e. without logging into the E-
Way Bill Portal of GSTN (GST Network) at all.
However, before you can do so, certain settings must be made as described below –
On E-Way Bill Portal:
The GSTN does not provide a direct access to its data by any end user (or Taxpayer).
Hence, it has appointed a few companies, which are called GSPs (i.e. GST Suvidha
Providers). By using the gateway of any of these GSPs, one can access the data on GSTN
For an automatic e-way bill processing, you will have to register a GSP in your account on E-Way Bill
Portal. For our purpose, it is Chartered Information Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Please take the following steps to do the same –
- Log in into your account using your current user name and password.
- Open the Registration option on the left side bar menu.
- Go to For GSP option.
- Click on Send OTP (One Time Password) button.
- Enter the OTP which was sent on your registered mobile phone number (or email address) and click
- Click on Add/New option.
- Select Chartered Information Systems Private Limited from the drop down user list.
- In the API user name shown by default, add a suffix of 3 letters of your choice.
- Re-enter the above, and note down the whole user name for the future use.
- Enter a password of your choice, which may or may not be the same as used for
- Re-Enter the above, and note down the password for the future use.
- Click the Add button.
The GSP gets registered. You may confirm it by getting a list by clicking on the View
You may also click here on this link to see a video, which will guide you through the
On FA Software:
Please take the following steps in the FA Software –
- Go to Tools / Configure / Tax Option.
- Open the GST Tab.
- Enter your own GSTIN in the respective field.
- Tick Registered under Composition Scheme option, only if it applies to you.
- Enter the API user name noted down in the step 9 of e-way bill portal settings.
- Enter the API password noted down in the step 11 of e-way bill portal settings.
- You may click the Verify Now button to check all the settings.
- Click OK to save everything.
On Your Computer:
In case you are using any higher version of Windows than Windows 7, you need not do
On a Windows 7 based computer, use of Transport Layer Security, i.e. TLS 1.1 and TLS
1.2 options must be enabled.
To do so, go to the Control Panel and open Internet Options. Go to the Advance tab, and
tick the above two options from the given list.
As an alternative, you may download an EasyFix file and run it to do the same.